4 September 2014
This Personal Data Notice (“Notice”) describes how AceTeam Networks Sdn Bhd (988268-T) (hereafter AceTeam Networks) (a company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia with its place of business at Suite 306, Level 3, Block C, Damansara Intan, No. 1 Jalan SS20/27, 47400 Petaling Jaya) uses your Personal Data.
By engaging AceTeam Networks to provide services, or upon your application to become our vendor, or by interacting with AceTeam Networks either at our events, conferences, seminars, talks, roadshows or otherwise, or by using the AceTeam Networks website www.AceTeamnetworks.com (“Website”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by AceTeam Networks and all persons involved in the provision of services by AceTeam Networks.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. AceTeam Networks shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on its Website. By continuing to communicate with AceTeam Networks or by continuing to use AceTeam Networks’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
1. “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided to AceTeam Networks, such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that have been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by AceTeam Networks from time to time.
2. In addition to the Personal Data you provide to AceTeam Networks directly (i.e. during your communications with AceTeam Networks and/or when you engage AceTeam Networks to provide services), AceTeam Networks may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by AceTeam Networks and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
3. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, AceTeam Networks may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you the services you require or (ii) access certain sections of the Website where log in is required.
Purposes of Processing
4. AceTeam Networks may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of AceTeam Networks which shall include, without limitation:-
(a) to communicate with you;
(b) to perform AceTeam Networks’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
(c) for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
(d) to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
(e) for AceTeam Networks to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to AceTeam Networks using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
5. AceTeam Networks may also use and process your data for other purposes such as:-
(a) to send you materials such as newsletters, articles as well as other updates;
(b) to distribute information or details of events, seminars, conferences and talks which may of interest to
(c) to send as potential referees to (i) suppliers, vendors; and (ii) potential customers who request for referees of past work in Requests for Proposals, tenders, submissions; by way of email or mail.
6. If you do not consent to AceTeam Networks processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 5, please notify AceTeam Networks using the contact details stated in Section 9 below.
Transfer of Personal Data
7. As AceTeam Networks’s information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your personal data may be transferred out of Malaysia for the purposes as described in Section 5(c) where such potential customers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
8. AceTeam Networks may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on AceTeam Networks’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
(a) AceTeam Networks’s partners and advertisers, which include parties whom AceTeam Networks collaborates with for certain projects, events, programs and activities;
(b) service providers, including other IT service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
(c) banks and financial institutions;
(d) its partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
(e) any professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
(f) regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
(g) other entities within AceTeam Networks.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
9. Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from AceTeam Networks by contacting:-
AceTeam Networks Sdn Bhd (988268-T)
Suite 306, Level 3, Block C, Damansara Intan,
No. 1 Jalan SS20/27, 47400 Petaling Jaya Selangor
Tel No: 03 7727 7000, Fax No: 03 7727 0707
10. In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, AceTeam Networks have the right to refuse the, your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.